Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Another round, please!

So yesterday (Feb. 3) I started another run around the sun. Once my stomach became cooperative I proceeded with the late start on the day. Caught the bus to Squirrel Hill where I made a pit stop at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (CLP) and added a pair of waaaaaaay overdue posts to my blog. Then I walked down the street to my therapeutic sanctuary, “home away from home,” The Ultimate Beauty Spa and reported as instructed by my sista-friend, Leslie Arkeneese (it's taken me dang near ten years to remember how to spell her last name *shrug*).

She proceeded to pamper my weary soul. A sho'nuff holistic health practitioner and advocate, she served up some ridiculously yummy piping hot vegetarian chili with a bunch of beans (navy, Great Northern, garbanzo beans, chopped bell peppers, onions, cucumber (?), tomatoes, ginger and other tasty stuff I can't think of, along with a slice of corn bread and steaming mug of ginger tea. After some quality girl talk time, Leslie gave me my life back with a much-needed chair massage.

Leslie is the only person I'll allow to beat on me because its very therapeutic. Her specialty is deep tissue massage and I can honestly say that my massage was knee-deep. At several points during the massage she'd strategically place a knee in the small of my back as she slowly and gradually pull me up  by my hands and arms to gently pull me back. Ahhhhh... that's some good stuff.

Afterwards, I picked up libations called cab to take me to Homewood. My Cissy greeted by with open arms and a massive hug. We had Riesling and cake and indulged in aromatherapy. Celeste sent me home with a care package that is coming in handy during this cold snap, polar vortex or what ever they call it this week. I felt like I was one of her suns so I grinned profusely.

Bring on the other 364!





No comments:

Post a Comment