Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Could this be the year?

Thus far (Feb. 24) 2015 is showing signs of potential. Of the positive persuasion.

I'm next on the list for K. Leroy Irvis Hi-rise. They reached my name!

I've yet to fully move into 1014 Sheffield Street #914. As soon as they told me that I could get one of the existing vacancies within two weeks, I picked up the phone to notify Bidwell management. As a follow-up I gave them an overly-worded letter to serve as formal notice. I have to believe the way things were already in motion and I'm just late to the party.

Since I'm not really here in Manchester (still have stuff in storage) I should be ready to bust a move at a few moments' notice. I'll have a balcony. More space. A feline in my future? There's a bus stop next to the building. No more transfers to buy.

Lots of forward motion – writing is picking up; I've already taken a 3-session writing workshop  at City of Asylum titled “Seeking Cain's Perspective.” I'm done a bunch of walking due to the proximity of the T-station (and eliminate the need for transfers - save a buck!). I took a poetry writing class - It Is A Delicious Thing To Write." Had my first theatre review published (Mr. Joy). 

I've been a bit more social – My last-minute nomination submission of Leslie got her named as a Business Women First finalist. I went to Me'chele's grand opening. I also attended  a “Dreamscape” workshop to re-connect with my inner-self via mindfulness (a technique I learned in my 10-week Anxiety IOP). I went to a Capricorn/Aquarius Birthday SoirĂ©e at the spa. I've dipped my toe in the water.

And all of this has occurred without a car.

So other than the leakage and no vehicle, I have no real complaints.

I'll just stay out of my way.

  








No comments:

Post a Comment