Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My current incarnation

I've developed a new attitude, but not a new job. Since I haven’t heard anything about an extension, my unemployment will soon be exhausted (in other words, “you ain’t getting no more loot”). Yet I remain grateful (and faithful and determined).

So how do I maintain a positive vibe with the deck seemingly stacked against me? By believing in myself – if I don’t one will. Redoubling my efforts couldn’t hurt either – which is why I sent revised resumes to my email list (didn’t get one – email me to let me know so I can remedy the omission).

Just because I’m not employed doesn’t mean I don’t need business cards. I have to have something to pass out should I run into my potential employer or a new client at a networking or social function (or even in an elevator). In addition to my name and contact information, my new cards bill me as “Wordsmith, Griot and Consultant” and have a tagline that reads “Creating for the greater good.” How’s that for a mantra? I mean after all, I always try to use my powers for good not evil.

Every day is full of opportunities to do my best, even better than the previous day. Opportunities to seize what I passed on before, to be more strategic and efficient in achieving my goals and desires, to move beyond regrets to accomplishments, and to appreciate what I have in front of me. I've resolved to be open to all the possibilities and blessings that will come in the days and months ahead.

I’ve lined up some freelance gigs and have other irons in the fire. I suppose the bottom line is I’m not rolling over in defeat – I ain’t going out like that! 


Instead I’ll count my blessings and live my life like its golden (thanks, Jill Scott).

No comments:

Post a Comment