Monday, November 25, 2013

So much bigger

Those are some of the last words he wrote in his last blog entry dated Nov. 17.
A week has passed and now he's gone. 

I was gonna write that I'm sick of death but really, I'm tired of it. Only two days ago I was online checking out Be The Match, the National Bone Marrow Registry. Now I am just stunned.

Dr. Rex L. Crawley has been battling cancer for a long time and even though he has transitioned at age 49, he went out a winner. How you ask? Just read his last blog entry. We should be so lucky to lead our lives as he lived his - with integrity.



Dr. Rex L. Crawley, Ph.D. ~ Rest with God

"I have decided to allow my situation to be used by God to help increase awareness at a large scale. I want people to know that they could save a life simply by registering with the Be The Match registry. There are people dying everyday because they have no donor matches and no other transplant options and you could be the one to save their lives. How awesome would that be? How awesome would that feel?

This thing is so much bigger than me and I am so glad and blessed to be a part of it."


No comments:

Post a Comment